Wednesday 23 May 2012

Day 41-42: Plumbing and Electrical Pt 3 and Brick!

This once again may be our last post for the next little while as I go into the school system for yet another French gig.  I may not speak the language, but I'm endearing enough to get by.


There is not much to report in terms of work that I've done, actually.  The last little while has been playing catch-up on Kelly's side of the house.  All of Tuesday was framing her basement in.  While we did that, though, our side was being wired for electrical.




It is really interesting to see how the whole thing is set up.  I know that we'll probably get a basic layout and diagram for breakers, but I took a bunch of pictures just in case.


Oh yeah.  That seems simple and straight forward...
The big big news for today, though, is that the brick people have started.  There was a small delay due to races and rain, but now the brick is going up, and it looks really sharp.  It will probably take somewhere around 3 to 4 days to finish, and then the exterior will be mostly done.


When the scaffolding is gone, it'll look much nicer.  That's what I hear, anyway.
Now all the big decisions have been made.  We have chosen what kind of flooring, which colours of paint, who will cut the grass (hint: it's me) and we'll post a bunch of pictures once everything is installed.  Linzi says that we have to keep our choices under wraps so that we'll get more hits.


Friday is insulation, Tuesday is drywall, and from there we might as well move in, right?


Later days.


Alex and Linzi.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Buddies,

    The house is looking GREAT!! I cant wait to see it! :)

    Love you both!

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete