Tuesday 15 May 2012

Day 31 - 35: Plumbing and Electrical Pt 2

Hey there, folks.  You'll be pleased to know that my short stint as an immersion french teacher has finally come to an end and I may be back to the work site sooner than you think.  That being said,  let's bring everyone up to speed.

The last few days most of the heavy lifting has happened on Kelly's side of the house.  Some of the subcontractors, however, have been working on both sides of the house, and one of them was the plumber.

Showers are more uncomfortable than I remember...
Another big step is the ventilation that has been installed.  The stove is now vented to the outdoors, and most of the register placement has been roughed in.  Electrical has also been marked and some areas have been roughed in, like the thermostat.


I have been informed that it's not a periscope.  That was a little disappointing.
Also, we've almost completed the set for doors and windows with a working electric garage door.  We were given a button for the door.  Linzi promptly confiscated it.



Last, but not least, the garage and basement were poured today.  I don't have a picture of that, and it was still wet when I saw it, but I do have a picture of the wire placed in the floor to give it some strength and structure.  By tomorrow, it will be dried and sealed.

Fingers crossed that it will be signature-free.
That's all ladies and gentlemen.  Who knows, by the end of the week I might be wearing a hard hat again.


Later days.


Linzi and Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment